Volunteer: Community FriendsVIEW OTHER VACANCIES
YOU is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives. This is only possible with the support of our amazing staff, relief workers and volunteers who give their time, skills, experience, innovation and passion for the work they do and the amazing people they work with.
The You Trust Community Services Office has a variety of Volunteer opportunities. We receive requests for different types of support to help improve people’s health and wellbeing. There is always something you can do to help.
- Befriending – visiting someone who is isolated at home to have a chat and bring a smile to their day.
- Carer support – regularly visiting a cared for person, that you will be matched with based on shared interests, to enable their carer to have a couple of hours break.
- Out & About- accompanying people out for a walk, to a favourite place or to a social gathering.
- Community Groups- attending groups either as support for someone or to feedback about the group to the team.
- Shopping- for or with those who are elderly, unwell or disabled.
- DIY & Gardening- help with DIY, decorating or other domestic tasks around the house or gardening help.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If this sounds like the ideal opportunity for you, we’re keen to hear from you as soon as possible! Please click ‘Apply’ to forward your details on to us; ensuring that you include your name, email address, and a contact telephone number. We will contact you to speak to you more about what sort of opportunity you’re looking for and how you’d like to contribute to our organisation, subject to standard recruitment checks.