Children and Family ServicesOTHER SERVICES
For further information please contact:
You First Hampshire Integrated Domestic Violence and Abuse Service
Telephone: 0330 016 5112
You First Dorset Integrated Domestic Violence and Abuse Service
Telephone: 0800 032 5204
Witnessing domestic abuse is distressing and scary and can impact well into adulthood for some children and young people. Children who live in families where there is violence can suffer serious long term emotional damage.
Domestic abuse can happen in any relationship regardless of age and young people experience abuse in their own intimate relationships.
The You First children and families team work alongside the non abusing parent to help each individual come to terms with their experiences. This may include:
- Bespoke groups for children.
- A safe space for children and young people to talk.
- Play/art workshops.
- Healthy relationship education workshops.
- Support for young people who are experiencing intimate teen violence.
- Parenting support to the non abusing parent or referral to parenting groups.
- Working with the whole family where child to parent violence is present.
- Individual support in the community or refuge setting.
- Advocacy when attending meetings.
- Support to attend child focussed meetings.
- Support to find alternative education.
- Safeguarding support working in partnership with statutory teams.
- Access to health visitors, midwives, GP practices.