Welcome to Basingstoke First Point.
We are a homelessness prevention service providing housing-related floating support. Our aim is to work with you to help you maintain your home, develop your independence and prevent the risk of losing your home or being evicted. We’ll also work with you to access education, training, work, volunteering, leisure, culture or support services. We can meet you at a time that suits you either in your own home or wherever you feel comfortable.
Navigating the benefits system can be both daunting and overwhelming. At First Point we can:
- Advocate with landlords and housing associations as well as support you to make appointments, and even attend with you.
- Provide support with managing bills
- Provide support in applying for benefits such as Housing Benefit, JSA, budgeting loans, Income Support, Discretionary Housing Payments, Employment Support Allowance and Personal Independence Payments
- Assist you in setting up repayment plans
- Provide advice and guidance with filling out forms
- Help you access Support Services and signpost you to other community services such as
- Educational courses
- Vocational training
- Volunteering and Befriending services
You can self-refer to the service using the contact details below, or you can be referred by your local council, your Housing Officer, Care Manager, Social Worker or Probation Officer.
At First Point we work at your pace, so whatever concerns you may have we will listen and always put you at the centre of your Support Plan. We can be intensive or as flexible as you need us and can provide home visits, daily, weekly and also monthly.
Download our Basingstoke First Point Referral Form
We also attend various other community groups to make ourselves more available to those who might find it challenging to make it to the Orchard and our times are listed below:
For more information for First Point Basingstoke:
Telephone: 01256 423 805
Address: The Orchard, White Hart Lane, Basingstoke, RG21 4AF
Facebook: Search for ‘Basingstoke First Point Floating Support’
*First Point Basingstoke are funded by Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council.