Care NavigatorsOTHER SERVICES
For further information, please contact:
Telephone: 0330 123 2550
Address: 56 St Mary’s Street, Weymouth, Dorset, DT4 8PP
There are 6 Care Navigators across the Dorset area, who each have a team of volunteers, who specialise in their local area and communities to support people.
The Care Navigator will provide expert advice and information, identify appropriate community assets to provide support, whilst contributing to the development of a vibrant third sector infrastructure by actively engaging with communities, community/charity organisations, statutory services and voluntary networks. They will work in partnership with individuals and their circles of support to undertake holistic care and support planning and provide supportive interventions to access care and community support.
This service is run according to the values of:
- being person-centred by treating everyone with courtesy, dignity and respect;
- working as equal partners with client and their circles of support to ensure clients retain control over their lives;
- seeking excellence in all that is done;
- consideration of the impact decisions have on the local community;
- a can-do attitude – how can I achieve that?
- being innovative by thinking of new ways to resolve problems for clients as a team.