We are on the lookout for a group of diverse and enthusiastic new Trustees to join us in 2024.
The YOU Group has a long history of delivering services along the South Coast, having begun our work in 1985 with services in Portsmouth for homeless people. Since then, the charity has grown and developed. We work throughout Hampshire, Portsmouth, Dorset, Somerset, West Sussex and the Isle of Wight. We have an online training company and we provide care, support, counselling and advice to people of all ages. Our service offer extends to people with:
- Learning disabilities
- Enduring mental illness
- Those requiring therapeutic interventions
- Those that need information, for example to resolve debt issues
- Those that feel threatened and/or are homeless
- Domestic violence and abuse concerns
- Help and wellbeing needs that have been referred
- Those that benefit from community connections and support managing health conditions
Our Trustees enjoy getting involved with our teams. They often visit the different services that we provide to glean valuable insight into what we do. This helps them provide leadership that is confident, decisive and supportive as well as continually developing their skills as a Board to take the Trust forward.
You can read what some of our Trustess do below!
We are looking for additional Board members from all walks of life. We especially welcome interest from people with relevant lived experience from a broad range of communities and with a passion for promoting social inclusion.
In addition, if you have experience and/or skills in the following sectors please get in touch.
- Care Sector
- Commercial Activity and Entrepreneurialism
- Human Resources
- Developing Voice and Engagement
- Income generation/fundraising
If you are curious about joining The YOU Group as a Trustee, email us. Following on from that, we will arrange a chat and then start the application and selection process which will include a DBS check and meeting existing YOU Trustees.
If you think you’re a suitable candidate, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org