Children and Young Person Support WorkerVIEW OTHER VACANCIES
Children and Young Person Support Worker
Location: New Forest
Salary: £18,501 pro rata (salary based on 40 hours per week)
Contract Type: 1 x 16 post hours across New Forest
Closing Date: Tuesday 3rd April 2018
YOU is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
As a Children and young persons you will be engaging children and young people within accommodation and community based settings to support them coming to terms with their experiences of domestic abuse. You will be skilled and experienced in supporting children and young people. You will be able to work with colleagues and parents to carry out necessary assessments with children and young people offering bespoke packages of support. This support may be tailored one to one sessions or as part of a group programme designed and facilitated by you in partnership with colleagues.
- You are friendly, welcoming and easy to talk to.
- You ensure children and young people are central to everything you do.
- You engage children and young people in support and together you develop their service.
- You support children and young people’s in their strengths and skills.
- You work in partnership with parents to empower them to support their children.
- You ensure the safety of the children and young people at all times.
- You are innovative, motivated and creative in your work and help others to be so.
- You support a clean, friendly and welcoming environment for all.
- You are a reflective practitioner, making full use of your emotional intelligence.
- You are proactive and creatively seek solutions.
- You are calm and professional when dealing with emergencies and crisis.
- You are skilled at seeking, receiving and making use of advice from others.
- You are committed to inclusivity.
- You ensure empowerment is at the heart of all you do.
- You will never commit, condone or remain silent about domestic violence and abuse.
- You live the values of the organisation.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
The ideal Children and Young Person’s Worker will:
- Have previous experience of working with children and young people.
- Have a relevant Level 3 qualification or equivalent in supporting children and young people.
- Be able to work flexibly on a rota and on call rota to meet the needs of your clients and the service.
- Work within a team and independently to deliver a high quality of support to your clients and other agencies.
- Use your knowledge and skills to design and deliver support groups for children and young people.
- Have access to your own transport and hold a valid, full UK driving licence.
- Have an excellent understanding of safeguarding.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time.
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
- Excellent and professionally certified training.
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
- The chance to work with amazing people.
If this sounds like you’re ideal role we’re keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don’t delay, Apply today!
If this sounds like your ideal role we’re keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don’t delay, contact us today! Click ‘Apply’ to forward your details on to us; ensuring that you include your name, email address, a contact telephone number, your CV and a brief cover letter detailing your interest and suitability for the role. If your skills, experience and knowledge meet our requirements the recruiting manager will contact you to talk more about the role and ask a few key questions to ensure this is the right opportunity for you.