Children and Young Persons Domestic Abuse AdvocateVIEW OTHER VACANCIES
Children and Young Persons Domestic Abuse Advocate
Part Time – 24 hours per week
Salary – £21,250pro rata plus shift enhancements
Availability – to start as soon as possible
YOU are a provider of Support, Care and Advice Services. We work alongside people to gain the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
This is an amazing opportunity for a highly skilled, motivated and innovative person to join our Integrated Domestic Violence and Abuse Service.
We are looking to recruit to the role of Children and Young Persons Domestic Abuse Advocate who will engage children and young people at high risk of harm due to domestic abuse and carry out appropriate assessments, including DASH RIC with referral to MARAC and/or safeguarding when indicated. The skilled and experienced post holder will design and provide one to one sessions as required, whether in community or accommodation based settings. Additionally this role will engage with others in the community raising awareness and develop and deliver education programmes and specific face to face interventions for those experiencing intimate teen violence, including young perpetrators and victim survivors.
The successful applicant will be expected to work across the county of Dorset to meet the needs of clients and the service – ensuring children and young people within refuges and within the community receive the right intervention at the right time. Due to the nature of the work being a car driver with a car for work and business insurance is essential for this post.
We are looking for a person who has experience/knowledge of:
- domestic violence and abuse front-line services for men, women and children, (e.g. crisis accommodation, outreach, IDVA, MARAC).
- safeguarding best practice for children
- carrying out assessments and co-producing individual support plans
- completing risk assessment and carrying out referrals
- statutory assessment
- developing support programmes
- working with children and young people
- intimate teen violence
- working within educational services
- delivering group work
- child and adolescent development
and who can:
- understand the issues affecting children who have experienced domestic violence and abuse
- understand and commit to diversity and inclusion responsibilities
- be person centred at all times
- share best practice knowledge
- work flexibly to meet the needs of the service and staff team which will include evenings and weekends (as required)
- act with integrity, be trustworthy and treat people with dignity and respect
- remain calm when dealing with a crisis or emergency
- ensure all services meet contract requirements
- ensure clients are at the forefront when making decisions about service design and delivery
- work to raise awareness of the service, produce good publicity materials, develop and maintain excellent relationships with people both within YOU and externally, and be an ambassador and champion for our work
Our clients have told us that they want the post holder to:
- be approachable but also firm and fair
- listen to the client, work with the client
- always be realistic with clients, be honest and patient
- but mostly be HUMAN
If this sounds like your ideal role we’re keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don’t delay, contact us today! Please forward your details on to us; ensuring that you include your name, email address, a contact telephone number, your CV and a brief cover letter detailing your interest and suitability for the role. If your skills, experience and knowledge meet our requirements the recruiting manager will contact you to talk more about the role and ask a few key questions to ensure this is the right opportunity for you. Alternatively, you can call the Recruiting Managers, Katie or Mandy on 0800 032 5204 directly to discuss the role further.
If you are successful during this initial screening you will then be invited to an assessment and interview, on 2/10/2017 and 4/10/2017.
We are also recruiting to our bank of Sessional Support Workers, called Premier Crew. If this is something that interests you please ring 01329 821935 for more details.