Domestic Violence & Abuse Family WorkerVIEW OTHER VACANCIES
Family Domestic Violence & Abuse Worker
Location: Dorset County – office base Dorchester
Salary: £19,401pro rata
Contract Type: Permanent – 32 Hours per week
The first suitable applicant will be appointed
YOU is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
Please note that workers should be violence and abuse free in their own lives, if this is not the case then please do not put yourself forward for selection.
This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
The ideal Family Domestic Violence & Abuse Worker will:
- Be experienced in working or volunteering with male and female victims of domestic abuse
- Be experienced in violence and abuse issues affecting families
- Be experienced in networks of support available for families in the community
- Be experienced in risk management, needs led assessment and support planning
- Be experienced in group work and/or parenting groups/programmes
- Be experienced in working effectively in partnership with others
- Have a full driving licence with the use of a car for work purposes
The Family DVA Workers are part of a team providing practical and emotional support to women, men and children experiencing domestic abuse across the county of Dorset. Family DVA workers engage families within accommodation and community based settings to support them coming to terms with their experiences of domestic abuse. The skilled and experienced post holder will carry out assessments and deliver one to one or group work as indicated either by assessment with clients, by recommendation or as identified as required within the team. This role will work with parents and others to develop a range of parenting support interventions and with partners to ensure a whole family approach.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
We are looking for a person who can:
- be person centred at all times
- work with families to produce plans that meet their needs and requirements
- work flexibly to meet the needs of the service and clients which will include evenings and weekends (as required)
- act with integrity, be trustworthy and treat people with dignity and respect
- remain calm when dealing with a crisis or emergency
- ensure all support paperwork, process and risk assessments are completed systematically within the service timescales, confidentiality and in plain English
- ensure clients are at the forefront when making decisions about service design and delivery
- work to raise awareness of the service, produce good publicity materials, develop and maintain excellent relationships with people both within YOU and externally, and be an ambassador and champion for our work
Our clients have told us that they want the post holder to:
- be approachable but also firm and fair
- listen to the client, work with the client
- always be realistic with clients, be honest and patient
- but mostly be HUMAN
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing.
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday.
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options.
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave.
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes.
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network.
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
- The chance to work with amazing people.
If this sounds like your ideal role we’re keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don’t delay, Apply today! Please call Katie 07825053285 who will talk to you about the service and ask you a few key questions to help assess your suitability for the role. If you are successfully screened you will then be invited for an interview.