Domestic Violence & Abuse Worker – Diversity and Inclusion WorkerVIEW OTHER VACANCIES
Domestic Violence & Abuse Worker – Diversity and Inclusion Worker
Location: Dorset (based in Shaftesbury)
Salary: £21,252pro rata
Contract Type: Permanent Full/Part Time
YOU is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset and we have recently launched new domestic abuse and sexual violence services across West Sussex and the Isle of Wight. Our aim is to give the people we work with the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
You First is the Hidden Violence and Abuse Services covering the Dorset. This innovative and exciting service works with victims of domestic abuse, stalking, sexual crime and children and young people. Our services aim to support the whole family where we are able.
The service offers a variety of support and interventions including outreach, refuge, target hardening, court support, and recovery groups.
- Car driver with willingness to work across the county and to travel beyond occasionally for meetings and training
- Health & Social Care qualification or equivalent to NVQ level 4 or equivalent work level experience
- Experience supporting women, men and children who have been subject to domestic violence and abuse on 1;1 or group work basis
- Knowledge of Honour Based Violence, Forced Marriage and Female Genital Mutilation
- Experience and knowledge of safeguarding adults and children
- Knowledge of Homelessness legislation and prevention and Housing Law
- Knowledge of diversity and inclusion
- Knowledge of housing and welfare benefits including no recourse to public funds
- Ability to manage own workload and client caseload demonstrating excellent prioritisation and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain safe working practices and understand impact of self on others
- Ability to work client focused flexible hours, including evenings, nights as required and weekends and form part of an on call rota which may require night time call out.
And you will:
- Identify with, or have understanding of the LGBTQ+ and/or BAME communities or will have lived or worked experience and understanding of these diverse communities.
- Be passionate about the inclusion for all those within our communities who are isolated due to their protected characteristic or their rural location.
- Provide advice and support to colleagues and other organisations across the county to identify support for victims of domestic abuse within these communities.
- Advocate on behalf of clients in a professional and respectful manner, encouraging and enabling clients to have their own voice and develop self resilience.
- Support the needs of clients within the specialist refuge, advocating for their individual requirements when needed.
- Develop relationships with private sector landlords and specialist providers to identify and secure safe accommodation.
- Work with others to achieve positive move on from refuge and will make bids to a central personalisation pot to support move in to refuge or move on.
- Write reports and present outcomes of this project required to do so.
- Co-produce risk assessments with the client and ensure their needs are reflected within all safety and support plans.
- Provide 1:1 support to enable the client to understand the impact of DVA.
- I will monitor and review safety plans and support plans ensuring interventions are appropriate for level of risk and share this information with colleagues.
The overall purpose of this role is to provide specialist targeted support to individuals including male, female, non-binary and self-identified individuals and couples from LGBTQ+ and BAME groups, fathers with their children and for women with older boys in our specialist refuge/safe space. As well as carrying a caseload you will offer support to colleagues across this area and share vacancies ensuring access to the refuge from partner agencies.
- You will be trustworthy in all that you do and act with integrity, treating people with dignity and respect.
- You will have a can-do approach asking how you can achieve things rather than whether we can.
- You will work as part of a team
- You will be warm friendly and approachable to clients and internal and external colleagues.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing.
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday.
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options.
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave.
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes.
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network.
- Online 24/7 access to your personal rota.
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
- The chance to work with amazing people.
If this sounds like your ideal role we’re keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don’t delay, Apply today! Please send a brief CV in the first instance so Katie Bielec can assess your suitability for the post and she may then send a couple of additional questions for you to answer. If you are successfully screened you will then be invited for an assessment and interview and will recruit the first most suitable applicant.