Young Persons Support WorkerVIEW OTHER VACANCIES
Young Persons Support Worker
Salary: 17,079 per annum plus enhancements for weekends and sleep ins
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: First suitable applicant will be recruited
YOU is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
The ideal Young Persons Support Worker will:
- Meet client wishes.
- An understanding of the needs and issues of homeless, vulnerable young people.
- Knowledge of Homelessness legislation, and welfare benefits/welfare reform
- Knowledge of Safeguarding for Children and Adults and Domestic Abuse.
- Experience of problem solving and handling difficult situations, using initiative.
- Experience of risk management, needs led assessment and support planning
- Knowledge of diversity and inclusion
- Skilled at IT including excel, power point, publisher, word, face book and other forms of social media.
- Supporting and motivating young people into Employment, Training, and Education and maintain their accommodation to prevent eviction.
- Able to work shifts including evenings, weekends, sleeping nights, waking nights and able to change hours if required. Prepared to work across other services in the cluster if required
- Able to stay on in an emergency.
The Support Worker increases the independence and skills of young people, promoting engagement with education and employment through flexible person centered outcome focused support The role holder helps young people to avoid eviction and repeat homelessness. They also develop the capacity of young people to be able to move on to either less intensive housing related support services or more permanent, independent, accommodation at the earliest appropriate opportunity The role will involve working closely with other supporting accommodation service providers, community mental health teams, social and private landlords, the police, probation, Youth Offending Teams , the courts, the Department of Work and Pensions, the voluntary sector, local housing authorities, education and training agencies and children’s/adult social care. The post holder will work within the Psychological Informed Environments Framework and ensure all clients can make sustained changes to their lives.
- You will be experienced, skilled and enthusiastic,
- You will be used to working in a fast-paced environment.
- You will be passionate about working with Young People
- You will be person centred at all times and ensure empowerment is at the heart of everything I do
- You will strive for excellence in all I do
- You will be innovative in your approach to working with young people.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing.
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday.
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options.
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave.
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes.
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network.
- Online 24/7 access to your personal rota.
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
- The chance to work with amazing people.
If this sounds like your ideal role we’re keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don’t delay, Apply today! Please call Michaela Parkes on 07917 047216 who will talk to you about the service and ask you a few key questions to help assess your suitability for the role. If you are successfully screened you will then be invited for an assessment and interview