Engage is a new programme aimed at supporting individuals who would like to make life changes and address their harmful behaviours within an intimate relationship.
You First are the providers of Somerset Integrated Domestic Abuse Service (SIDAS) and offer a range of help, guidance and support interventions for individuals and families.
We work with all people living with domestic violence and abuse whether adults or children and, whilst Engage is there for all people over the age of 18, it is particularly effective for families where violence and/or abusive behaviours are causing harm.
Engage is a RESPECT and SafeLives Accredited Programme that provides a whole family response to support. The primary aim is to increase the safety and wellbeing of adults and children where abuse is present within a current relationship. We will work with individuals on a one-on-one basis and in group support.
Engage support helps to reduce the risk of situations escalating and provides families with the strategies to build more respectful relationships which is paramount to remaining together safely.
- Support for complex needs which may contribute to the abusive behaviour, including substance misuse and poor mental health
- Tools to assess motivation for change and to address harmful behavior
- Techniques and strategies to stop abuse escalating and change harmful behaviours
- Strengths and resilience focus group work programme
- Communication and Negotiation skills
- Using de-escalation strategies safely
- Dealing with other people’s anger
- The impact of domestic violence on children
- Healthy sexual relationships
- Negative self-talk
- Maintaining change
Engage offers you the opportunity to reflect on your relationship and the impact of your behaviour on yourself and others. We offer a realistic opportunity to achieve sustainable change by:
- Encouraging accountability for your actions
- Help and support to stop being violent and abusive
- Analysing patterns of abuse and violence
- Identifying potential triggers and complex needs
- Learning how to relate to your partners in a respectful and equal way
- Supporting individuals to develop non-abusive ways of dealing with difficulties in their relationship
- Strategies to help you deal with difficult emotions
- Identifying and analysing core beliefs
To find out further information on the course or the make a referral please contact SIDAS on youfirstSIDAS@theyoutrust.org.uk or 0800 6949 999, Option 2