First Point Dorset (DIPS)
Our First Point team deliver the Dorset Integrated Prevention Services (DIPS). We work alongside people aged 16+, providing help and support to reduce homelessness, poverty, poor physical or mental health, or social isolation. Through our central point of contact, you can speak with one of our friendly team about your situation.
We’re here to help if you are:
- Homeless or threatened with becoming homeless
- Living in unsuitable accommodation
- Experiencing or recovering from poor mental health
- Experiencing financial hardship
- Socially isolated
- Wishing to remain independent in the community
- At risk of domestic abuse
- A young person at risk
- A vulnerable family
- An older person
Together, we can:
- Reduce social isolation
- Connect with your local community
- Respond to an immediate crisis
- Access and appeal welfare benefit claims
- Address rent arrears and other debts
- Find more suitable accommodation
- Prevent eviction
- Resettle after a stay in hospital
We can also act as an advocate for you, linking with your landlord, benefit agencies, your local council, or community groups.
‘My worker is one in a million and always goes above and beyond to help and I’ve never met her yet!’
‘My worker was very kind and I felt like I had been swept off my feet and my burdens lifted.’
‘I really appreciated having someone come to appointments and viewing with me.’
Jess talks about her apprenticeship and how it has help her grown in her career and improved her clients lives.
Kate tells us about her apprenticeship and how even as an older learner she was able to take a great deal away from the experience of study
Into Work is a service funded by Portsmouth City Council that supports adults with learning disabilities.