Thriving Communities partners popped over to say hi and see what our Emsworth Drop In service was up to. They also found the time to take a ride out on one of our triobikes!
On the last Friday of each month we offer a Drop-In service at the Emsworth Community Centre, North Street. This is a fun service that allows you to get out and socialise, get advice, and enjoy a cup of hot tea or coffee!
We were fortunate enough to have Josh Ryan, Head of Thriving Communities, and Duclei Alexander, Programme Manager, pop by to say hi. Once the weather decided to play nice and stop raining, they both enjoyed a ride on one of our Cycling Without Age triobikes! While our bikes are not always available (due to rain and logistics) we regularly offer:
- Pebble Painting
- Social Precribing Word Search
- Mindfulness Colouring
- Walks and chats
This free service can signpost and connect you to the community, offer advice, social connections, healthy activities – like walks and bike rides – and volunteering.
We also offer this service at Hayling Island Community Centre, Station Road on the last Wednesday of each month. Bring a friend, neighbour, family member, or come along by yourself to chat with us and join in. We look forward to seeing you!
Get in Touch:
- Tracy Bailey – Tracy.Bailey@theyoutrust.org.uk | 07484 527708
- Sally White – Sally.White@theyoutrust.org.uk | 07483 121590
About Thriving Communities
- Dedicated to the advancement of social prescribing through promotion, collaboration and innovation.
- Thriving Communities are an organisation dedicated to the advancement of social prescribing through promotion, collaboration and innovation.
- They work to create partnerships, across the arts, health, sports, leisure, and the natural environment, alongside other aspects of our lives, to promote health and wellbeing at a national and local level.
- Thriving Communities champion social prescribing and the work of local communities in connecting people for wellbeing.