We have recently had our funding extended for the Domestic Violence and Abuse Health project at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital following a successful pilot project. Thank you to the OPCC and MOJ for recognising this important project and extending our...
Support Worker – Petersfield (Maternity Cover)
As a Support Worker, you will be assisting people with a learning disability in their own home, and in the community to live the life they want.
£22,500pa (inc. rota enhancements)
The ideal candidate will:
• Be willing to work alternate weekends and bank holidays
• Be able to work late and/or early shifts
• Be able to cover sleep-in shifts as required as part of a rota
• Be a good communicator, and work well as part of a team
• Car driver with use of car for work
Our staff members make a real difference. As a Support Worker, you will be assisting people with a learning disability in their own home, and in the community to live the life they want. You will provide safe, person centred support, promote independent living skills and help make clients’ hopes and aspirations a reality. Our staff support clients to go to the cinema, theatre trips, out for meals or a cup of coffee and even go on the odd shopping trip. How often do you get to do all of these fun things in a day job?
We also assist clients to find work or volunteering opportunities, access education at local colleges, get involved in community events, as well as helping with budgeting support, some personal care, cooking and cleaning and maintaining a home.
You are professional and pro active in all that you do, encouraging and supportive of clients and colleagues alike. Relevant knowledge and skills relating to individuals with a learning disability are desirable and your values really count. A good sense of humour, and fun, will help to make you a success in this service!
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people