We have recently had our funding extended for the Domestic Violence and Abuse Health project at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital following a successful pilot project. Thank you to the OPCC and MOJ for recognising this important project and extending our...
Accommodation and Outreach Manager
This is a rare opportunity to join our wonderful Paragon team in Somerset as a senior manager, leading a team of staff within our accommodation and outreach teams.
The ideal Paragon Manager will:
• Be an enthusiastic, skilled and knowledgeable leader
• Hold a relevant qualification equivalent to diploma/degree
• Be skilled and knowledgeable regarding supported housing
• Understand how crisis accommodation works within the field of domestic abuse
• Experience of managing a team
• Understand the requirements of accommodation and outreach provision to support victims and survivors of domestic abuse, adults and children
This is a rare opportunity to join our wonderful Paragon team in Somerset as a senior manager, leading a team of staff within our accommodation and outreach teams. We have recently restructured and developed new roles to address the changes in the field of domestic abuse in line with the requirements of the DA Act. The Paragon Manager will manage the accommodation and outreach team and day to day delivery of commissioned and grant funded work. You will ensure that all work is carried out within contractual requirements and lead on the embedding of Paragon processes, national and local best practice within their work stream. You will be part of an effective team ensuring excellent and cohesive delivery across all work in the area. This will include 24/7 access to support, the intake of countywide enquires and allocation of referrals for medium risk and accommodation-based interventions. You will identify gaps in provision and work with clients and peers to develop and implement new interventions
You will be skilled, experienced and wanting to stretch yourself to be the best accommodation and outreach manager. You will be flexible, willing to learn, able to share knowledge and strive for excellence in all you do. You will understand the challenges for people coming to refuge and ensure you and the team do all you can to support each person during difficult and emotional times. You will lead a team that is there to help and support, willing to jump in and help out when needed and making sure that each accommodation, refuge and safe house, are kept to a high standard at all times.
You will be knowledgeable about housing, licences, assured short hold tenancies and ensure your team work with updated knowledge at all times. You will be part of a wider management team that will lead the Paragon team and ensure that you and your colleagues meet all contractual requirements and exceed expectations with innovative practices at all times.
You will know how to work alongside the people we work with as equal partners, understanding their lives and ensuring the team remain empathic and supportive, offering clinical supervision and support where needed.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people
If this sounds like your ideal role we’re keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don’t delay, Apply today! Please call Steve Kensington on 07766 994210 who will talk to you about the service and ask you a few key questions to help assess your suitability for the role. If you are successfully screened you will then be invited for an assessment and interview on the 14th October 2021 at Abbey Manor, Yeovil. .