We are on the lookout for a group of diverse and enthusiastic new Trustees to join us in 2024. The YOU Group has a long history of delivering services along the South Coast, having begun our work in 1985 with services in Portsmouth for homeless people. Since then, the...
Bank Support Worker – Portsmouth
Are you looking for a rewarding job? Have you ever considered trying your hand at work in the care sector? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you! Our team make a real difference in people's lives.
£10.65 – £13.31per hour
· Able to work shifts including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
· Experience of supporting people with a variety of needs
· Promote and encourage people's independence
· Good communication skills: verbal, non-verbal, and written
· Confident to lone work
Are you looking for a rewarding job? Have you ever considered trying your hand at work in the care sector? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you! Our team make a real difference in people's lives. Our staff support clients to go out for meals or a cup of coffee and even go on the odd shopping trip. How often do you get to do all of these fun things in a day job?
We also assist clients to find work or volunteering opportunities, access education at local colleges, get involved in community events, as well as helping with budgeting support, some aspects of personal care, cooking and cleaning and maintaining a home.
· Are you enthusiastic?
· Do you have a positive attitude?
· Are you trustworthy and reliable?
If so, we cannot wait to hear more from you!
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
We are a disability confident employer.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people