Coercive control became an offence on 29 December, 2015. Many of us have experienced a form of coercive control but haven’t realised it. What separates one of the actions we’ll look at below, with it being coercive, is why it’s done. If it’s done in order to...
Behaviour Change facilitator – Mendip Somerset
This is an amazing opportunity for a highly motivated and innovative Behaviour Change Worker to work with family members experiencing Domestic Abuse across Somerset.
The ideal candidate will:-
Car driver with willingness to work across the county and to travel beyond occasionally for meetings and training
Have relevant qualification or equivalent to Diploma/Degree/NVQ 4 or equivalent work level experience
Have nationally recognised DVA qualification and the willingness to complete all YOU DVA training to IDVA level
In-depth experience supporting women, men and children who have been subject to domestic violence and abuse on 1:1 or group work basis
Experience of working with perpetrators of domestic abuse and their families.
Experience of working with young people who cause harm to a parent.
The overall purpose of this role is to work with people who cause harm to a family member, where there is an ongoing history of domestic abuse, to achieve their goals and improve outcomes for their families.
The post holder will be responsible for engaging with perpetrators in 2:1 sessions and also in group work, you will need to complete needs led assessments, to design and deliver agreed interventions to safeguard adults and children and to broker additional support, where indicated.
The post holder will be confident in their knowledge and responsible for raising awareness of and supporting others in the service to understand the dynamics of domestic abuse and its impact on individuals and their children.
Together we will develop individual safety plans that may form part of a wider family safety plan
Will complete DASH RIC and refer to MARAC through the area DVA SPOC team.
Will identify and deliver effective interventions to increase safety and reduce risk, and, where required broker a package of support with other organisations
Will provide support for people who harm others will be cognisant of the requirements of further specialist interventions where a whole family approach may increase risk, this will include areas such as persistent and prolific abuse and coercive and controlling behaviour that will impact on the positive achievements for that family
As part of a ‘whole family’ approach, will address the underlying behaviours and issues linked to people who harm others and where appropriate link a whole package of support with others in at Paragon Somerset.
You will have an understanding and commitment to a wide range of values that underpin this work including being non-judgemental, person centred, trauma informed and gender responsive and be able to demonstrate these values to your team.
You will hold values that inspire a client led approach and be self-motivating, reflective and have a positive response to challenging situations.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people
This is the integrated commissioned service covering Somerset. This innovative and exciting service works with both victims of domestic abuse and persons causing harm as individuals and/or where they may still be a couple and wishing to stay together. Our services aim to support the whole family where we are able.
The integrated service offers a variety of support and interventions including refuge, target hardening, court support, working with children, working with couples and outreach, and recovery groups.