First Point Dorset provides support with a wide range of issues, like housing, social isolation and poverty. We also have special workers who can help with mental health. Mental Health Recovery Workers work alongside people recovering from poor mental health to help...
Circle of Support Partner
The Circle of Support Project is to promote independence, resilience and recovery from the impacts of COVID through developing Community Circles of Support. We work in partnership with EC Roberts Centre and HOPE Church. We help people through outreach, Food Banks, Community Larders/Pantries and Community Meals across Portsmouth together with referrals from other organisations such as Advice Portsmouth. WELCOME BONUS OF £175 PRO RATA PAYABLE TO ANYONE THAT STARTS WITH US ON OR BEFORE 31ST DECEMBER 2021
£18,000 to 24,000 per annum pro rata
The ideal Circle of Support Partner will have:
• A legal qualification or experience in delivering social welfare advice at specialist level and working with people who have been in immediate crisis e.g. benefit delays
• Excellent local knowledge of community resources in Portsmouth
• The ability to build relationships with a wide range of people and local organisations.
• Advocacy and Coaching skills, and Excellent listening skills
• A full UK driving license and access to a car, as driving is an essential element of the role
The Circle of Support Project is to promote independence, resilience and recovery from the impacts of COVID through developing Community Circles of Support. We work in partnership with EC Roberts Centre and HOPE Church. We help people through outreach, Food Banks, Community Larders/Pantries and Community Meals across Portsmouth together with referrals from other organisations such as Advice Portsmouth.
Our Partners provide a warm approach and talk with people as one human being to another. We can provide help and support in emergency food aid, benefit delays/sanctions, debt/low pay trap/no savings, unemployment, relationship breakdowns, domestic abuse, homelessness, illness/disability, food/fuel poverty, digital exclusion and literacy/numeracy skills. The Circle of Support Partner will undertake a holistic assessment identifying skills, potential, root causes of crisis, actions the clients want to take and identify strategies to help themselves for future situations.
The aim is to help people in hardship, including those with complex needs such as mental ill-health, domestic abuse and social isolation. They will benefit from improvements to their health, wellbeing, skills and independence and to understand how to take personal control of their situation.
You will have a good all-round legal knowledge and good time management skills . You will listen to your clients and recognise their strengths and skills in being able to solve their own problems. You will be positive, can do, flexible in approach and reflective in your practice. You will develop positive working relationships with the local community and support agencies to create a network of support for your clients will be central to the work you do.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people
If you think you have the skills to provide this service, we can’t wait to hear from you! Please click ‘Apply’ to forward your details on to us; please be sure to include your name, email address and contact telephone number. We will then contact you directly to discuss the role and ask you a few key questions to make sure that this is the right position for you.
Alternatively, please call Annette Groves on 02392 794340 or 07483 162908 who will talk to you about the service and ask you a few key questions to help assess your suitability for the role. If you are successfully screened you will then be invited for an assessment and interview.