Coercive control became an offence on 29 December, 2015. Many of us have experienced a form of coercive control but haven’t realised it. What separates one of the actions we’ll look at below, with it being coercive, is why it’s done. If it’s done in order to...
Complex Needs Support Worker – Eastleigh
As a Complex Needs Support Worker you will be assisting the people we work with to live the life they want.
1) Willing to provide personal care
2) Able to work shifts
3) Car driver
4) Passionate about working with people with disabilities
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work alongside people with disabilities in various locations throughout Hampshire. As a Complex Needs Support Worker you will be assisting the people we work with to live the life they want. You will provide safe, person centred support to promote independent living skills and help make a clients’ hopes and wishes a reality. Our Complex Needs Support Workers offer clients flexible support, as well as helping with budgeting support, cooking and cleaning, and maintaining a home.
Some of our clients also require full personal care which can include toilet support, bathing, the use of hoists and routine bed turning so experience of this would be beneficial but not essential.
You need to be professional and proactive in all that you do, with a motivational, encouraging and supportive approach with clients and colleagues alike. A good sense of humour and fun will help to make you a successful Complex Needs Support Worker in this service. Relevant knowledge and skills relating to individuals with a learning disability would assist you in this role, but if you are the right person for the job we will support you to gain the experience you need. We also want people who will share their successes and promote this excellent service wherever they go.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people