A trike paid a visit to a church, and lots of fun was had! It isn’t every day one of our pilots gets to ride (well, push) a trike through a church, but we were welcomed in from the cold. We were recently invited to give a talk to the fellowship group that meets at St...
Counsellor – Hybrid/Remote – IOW (KG)
YOU is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people, working across Hampshire, Dorset, West Sussex and the Isle of Wight to give them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
Isle of Wight with travel to the mainland expected for work/training purposes
£29,045 FTE (£21,784 for 30 hours)
The appointed YOU Counsellor will:
* Have a Counselling Diploma (minimum level)
* Have at least 1 years’ experience of working with survivors of sexual and domestic abuse
* Have the ability to work flexible hours
* Be prepared to work from our counselling centre based on the IOW to offer face to face counselling.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join an experienced and skilled therapeutic team.
As a YOU Counsellor you will have a range of tasks within the team including a client counselling caseload, will carry out intake screening and support delivery of a wider therapeutic provision,
As a trauma informed counsellor you will be confident and creative in delivering therapeutic counselling sessions with deep understanding of how the trauma of Sexual violence and Domestic abuse affects the individual.
I am person-centred in my work responding to clients’ needs with dignity and respect.
I act with integrity and am trustworthy: respecting the confidential nature of my role.
I pursue excellence in all that I do.
I am innovative in my thinking: recommending new ways of working which respond to what matters to internal and external clients.
I am proactive in my work and have a can-do approach: asking how I can achieve things rather than whether I can.
Essential evidence required against which short listing will take place and to be evidenced at interview.
Counselling qualification at Diploma level or above and minimum of one years’ experience working in a client-centred way.
Current BACP membership and to conscientiously work within the BACP Ethical Framework.
Experience of professionally supporting women and men who have experienced current or historic sexual violence and /or domestic abuse.
Experience of undertaking strengths, needs & risk assessments.
Experience of effective multi-agency and partnership working.
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Experience of client-centred service delivery and enabling client and volunteer involvement and be able to work as part of a team.
Knowledge of the impact of sexual violence and domestic abuse on individuals and communities.
Knowledge of best practice in relation to child and adult safeguarding and confidentiality.
Knowledge of criminal and civil proceedings relating to sexual violence.
Knowledge of and commitment to diversity and inclusion: with an ability to work in a culturally sensitive way.
Skilled at IT: including Microsoft Office packages including Microsoft Outlook and data entry packages.
Ability to self-reflect and develop and improve practice through ongoing training and review.
Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends when required and be part of a help- line service.
Ability to work across identified contract area and travel for training and meeting purposes.
Car driver with use of car for work purposes
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people
Interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams