Rob has lived at Buller Court since 2016. He has become more confident and is moving out to become independent. This is his story of growth.
Disabilities Support Worker – Petersfield
As a Support Worker, you will be assisting people with a learning disability in their own home, and in the community to live the life they want. You will provide safe, person centred support, promote independent living skills and help make clients’ hopes and aspirations a reality.
£22,500pa (inc. rota enhancements)
• Communication is key and your ability to do so clearly with those you work with is a vital skill.
• Able to work alternate weekends and bank holidays
• Able to work a variety of shifts, including late and/or early shifts
• Provide sleep-in cover on a rota basis as required
• Car driver with use of car required
Our staff members make a real difference. As a Support Worker, you will be assisting people with a learning disability in their own home, and in the community to live the life they want. You will provide safe, person centred support, promote independent living skills and help make clients’ hopes and aspirations a reality. Our staff support clients to go to the cinema, theatre trips, out for meals or a cup of coffee and even go on the odd shopping trip. How often do you get to do all of these fun things in a day job?
We also assist clients to find work or volunteering opportunities, access education at local colleges, get involved in community events, as well as helping with budgeting support, some personal care, cooking, cleaning and maintaining a home.
To be a good Support worker at YOU, you will be professional and pro active in all that you do. You will be enthusiastic about the work you do, encouraging and supporting clients and colleagues alike. Relevant knowledge and skills relating to individuals with a learning disability are desirable and your values really count. A good sense of humour and fun will help to make you a success in this service!
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people
This is such a rewarding role, and if this sounds like something you would relish we can’t wait to hear from you! Please click ‘Apply’ to forward your details on to us; please be sure to include your name, email address and contact telephone number. We will then contact you directly to discuss the role and ask you a few key questions to assess your suitability for this post.
Alternatively, please ring Cheryl Tyrrell on 07483 960653 to find out more or to apply. You will be asked a few key questions to make sure that this is the right role for you and if so, you will be invited to an interview.
If you are successful during this initial screening, you will be invited to an assessment and interview. Please note; we will select the first suitable applicants for assessment so don’t delay, apply today!
We are also recruiting to our bank of Sessional Support Workers, called Premier Crew to work on a relief basis in a number of our services throughout Hampshire and with a variety of different client groups. If this is something that interests you please ring 01329 821938 for more details.