We have recently had our funding extended for the Domestic Violence and Abuse Health project at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital following a successful pilot project. Thank you to the OPCC and MOJ for recognising this important project and extending our...
Domestic Violence & Abuse; Cars Workers – Basingstoke or Farnborough
DVA Car Workers attend incidents of Domestic Abuse in partnership with the police and offer practical and emotional support to individuals and families’
The ideal DVA Car Domestic Violence and Abuse Worker will have:
· Experience of working with people experiencing domestic abuse, whether in a paid or voluntary capacity
· Experience of working with other agencies in partnership, whether statutory or voluntary
· Knowledge and understanding of domestic abuse including the impact of domestic abuse on victims and their children
· Knowledge and understanding of civil and criminal justice remedies for victims of domestic abuse and their children
· Knowledge and understanding of the principles of risk assessment and safety planning for victims of domestic abuse and their children
· Excellent negotiation and communication skills that put people at ease
· Proven crisis management skills and the ability to deal with stressful and difficult situations
· The ability to be person centred, trustworthy, flexible and solution focused
· The ability to travel locally, and occasionally cross county
· Access to own car with full UK driving licence for work purposes
· The ability to work flexible hours
Please note; all candidates will be required to pass police vetting.
Please note; in accordance with schedule 9 (part 1) of the Equality Act 2010, this post is only open to female applicants, due to the fact that being female is considered a genuine requirement of the role.
We are pleased to announce that we have a vacancy within our team to deliver the Aurora New Dawn DVA Cars project which has been funded by the Big Lottery. This exciting and innovative role will see You First DVA Workers attending incidents of domestic violence and abuse in partnership with the police. The experienced and skilled post holder will offer practical and emotional support at the point of crisis to individuals and families experiencing domestic abuse. They will work in partnership with Police officers from Hampshire Constabulary to provide a pro-active, short-term crisis intervention as part of the DVA Cars service.
The two role holders will work across a rota for 30 hrs per week, which will consist of working every other Friday and Saturday from 17:00 to 03:00 alongside frontline police officers, providing a crisis response to reported incidents of domestic abuse. The remaining hours, you will be covering an out-of-hours DVA helpline, which will require you to work from home covering shifts Monday to Friday (17:00 – 08:00hrs) or Saturday and Sundays (combination of 9 hour 08:00 -17:00 shifts or 15 hour 17:00 to 08/:00 shifts).
In order to take the post forward, the successful applicant will need to:
Be experienced, skilled and enthusiastic
Be skilled at working with crisis and be an excellent communicator
Be used to working in a fast-paced environment
Relish the opportunity to work with police as partners
Be passionate about working with people experiencing domestic abuse
Develop positive working relationship with our partners and other agencies
Work alongside our clients as an equal partner and give advice and guidance at a level matching the person’s skills and strengths
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people