We have recently had our funding extended for the Domestic Violence and Abuse Health project at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital following a successful pilot project. Thank you to the OPCC and MOJ for recognising this important project and extending our...
Domestic Violence Advisor – Children & Families
This innovative and exciting service works with both victims and perpetrators of domestic abuse.
The ideal candidate will :
• Be a car driver with the use of a car for work
• work flexibly to meet the needs of the service and staff team which will include evenings and weekends (as required)
• Have experiencing working in domestic violence and abuse front-line services for men, women and children, (e.g. Crisis accommodation, outreach, IDVA, MARAC).
• Have experience carrying out assessments, risk assessments, referrals and co-produce individual support plans
• Have experience working with children and young people and Intimate teen violence
• Working within educational services and have strong knowledge around Child and adolescent development
• Delivering group work
• Understand Aces and trauma informed interventions.
• Deliver evidenced based and researched support for children and young people who are experiencing and/or instigating domestic abuse.
• Develop and deliver individual one to one sessions and group work, work in partnership with colleagues to ensure a whole family approach and take a lead role where necessary.
• Work in our Refuge and Safe House provision and in the community, they will attend safeguarding meetings and contribute to other professional meetings where necessary.
• Update all information on a case management system, complete reports and be part of a wider team working across Somerset.
• You will be able to use national and local evidence based resources to develop your own groups and individual sessions – appropriate for the age of the person you are working with.
• You will also be able to work in partnership with colleagues to ensure whole family approach, taking a lead role where necessary.
You will be a skilled, motivated and innovative person driven by passion to support children and young people where their psychosocial development has been impacted due to their experiences of domestic abuse.
You will have worked with children and/or young people and will understand their development phases and know how to deliver age appropriate sessions to maximise impact and engagement.
You will enjoy being part of a team and love learning which you will share, just as your colleagues will share theirs.
You will have an understanding and commitment to a wide range of values that underpin this work including being non-judgemental, person centred, trauma informed and gender responsive and be able to demonstrate these values within your work.
You will hold values that inspire a client led approach and be self-motivating, reflective and have a positive response to challenging situations.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people
This is the integrated commissioned service covering Somerset. This innovative and exciting service works with both victims and perpetrators of domestic abuse as individuals and/or where they may still be a couple and wishing to stay together. Our services aim to support the whole family where we are able. We also offer a separate service to victims of sexual crime.
The integrated service offers a variety of support and interventions including refuge, target hardening, court support, working with children, working with couples and outreach, and recovery groups.