First Point Dorset provides support with a wide range of issues, like housing, social isolation and poverty. We also have special workers who can help with mental health. Mental Health Recovery Workers work alongside people recovering from poor mental health to help...
Health and Wellbeing Coach – GP Surgery, Portsmouth
The role will be responsible for taking on referrals from GPs, and working with the wider Primary Care Network team to encourage the benefits of a healthy mind and body.
• Level 4 in Health, Social Care or relevant discipline
• Experience of delivering Health Behaviour Change interventions
• Experience of working in health, social care, community development, health improvement or information and advice, in direct contact with vulnerable clients, enabling people to achieve positive outcomes.
• Previous experience of creating plans for group sessions
• Good communication skills: verbal, non verbal, and written.
• Knowledge of the Portsmouth city area & communities.
• Be flexible and able to work occasional evenings, weekends, bank holidays to fit in with the needs of the needs of the population.
• A driving license with business insurance and use of car is required. Travel within the PCN area between appointments is reimbursed.
The Health and Wellbeing Coach Role
“Lifestyle as medicine”
This is an exciting new opportunity to help and make a real difference to people’s lives.
The role will be responsible for taking on referrals from GPs, and working with the wider Primary Care Network team to encourage the benefits of a healthy mind and body. We're looking for two motivated individuals with experience of health and wellbeing who can help to establish a service to address our population health needs and meet the strategic aims and objectives of the Primary Care Network.
The Health and Wellbeing Coaches will develop and deliver peer group education and one-to-one coaching sessions to support patients to make positive changes to their physical health and mental wellbeing through exercise, increased activity and mindfulness approaches, utilising personalised action plans to develop the individual’s own goals and targets.
You will work with patients to identify and implement lifestyle and self-management / self-care approaches to managing existing conditions or prevention of long-term conditions, including physical and emotional health and wellbeing.
Working alongside the PCN team including Social Prescribers, Care Coordinators and wider stakeholders, you will enhance individual patient case management, follow up and ongoing support.
You will plan and manage your own diary and caseload on a day-to-day basis, with time spent between individual PCN GP Practices, Individual and group sessions in community settings, home visits and casework admin. For an efficient working day, and due to Covid, some of the role will be home based between meetings/sessions and you will be provided with equipment for home working.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people
Brunel Healthcare PCN is a large partnership of GP Practices in Portsmouth with a very diverse population. We have a vision that the Health and Wellbeing Coaches will use behaviour change and coaching approaches to work with people facing complex issues that prevent them from looking after their own physical health and mental wellbeing.
Brunel Healthcare PCN have chosen to partner with the YOU Trust, who deliver an area-wide Social Prescribing Service, Care Coordination, Health Coaching and the team are experienced in these newly emerging roles. This role is based in the YOU Trust Community Services Team in Portsmouth, and will work in an integrated way across the Brunel GP Surgeries. As a Health and Wellbeing Coach you will join this team to have access to the latest training and support available for an exciting and valuable role with opportunities for progression.