What is a Section 21? This is a question that we are often asked. A Section 21 is an official document that can be served to a tenant living in privately rented accommodation. One with a shorthold assured tenancy. Your landlord has the right to evict you if he wants...
Housing Officer – Dorset
To work across safe accommodation services for Paragon Dorset, signing up and offering ongoing support to clients for them to maintain their accommodation and carry out a range of housing management functions
£26,172 pro rata
Undertaking housing management functions, including rent (current and ex clients) void management and preparing reports when requested.
Creating and issuing tenancies accurately ensuring that the customer understands their rights and obligations.
Managing anti-social behaviour and dealing with it in a timely and accurate manner.
Working with vulnerable people to achieve positive outcomes
Developing excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders/partners
Car driver with use of car for work purposes
Willing to be part of the 24/7 on call rota
To work across safe accommodation services for Paragon Dorset, signing up and offering ongoing support to clients for them to maintain their accommodation and carry out a range of housing management functions. The post holder will work with clients to explain licence and tenancy agreements and support to claim benefits. They will explain to and support clients to engage with house guidelines/rules and ensure all clients are prompt with rental payments. The post holder will carry out Housing Management functions including health and safety checks and risk assessments, reporting maintenance and ensuring all properties remain secure and in a good state of repair.
Ability to communicate well with individuals who have varying levels of needs and vulnerability and with their family, agencies or legal representatives.
Ability and knowledge to lead on decisions as to who needs to come into the Paragon Dorset Safe Accommodation properties. Working with your colleagues to make those decisions, organizing move in dates and ensuring the rooms are ready.
Knowledge of Welfare Reform, Health & Safety and Housing Law and ability to challenge/appeal benefit discrepancies. Will attend training to maintain an up to date level of knowledge of these areas.
Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and bank holidays to meet the needs of clients and the services
Ability to maintain client and service confidentiality and share information sensitively and appropriately
Skilled at IT including excel and Word and be able to search the internet
Confident in communication skills, verbal, non-verbal and written and able to raise issues within a timely fashion with appropriate service managers
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people