We are on the lookout for a group of diverse and enthusiastic new Trustees to join us in 2024. The YOU Group has a long history of delivering services along the South Coast, having begun our work in 1985 with services in Portsmouth for homeless people. Since then, the...
Learning Disabilities Support Worker – Odiham
As a Support Worker you will be assisting people with a learning disability in their own home and in the community to live the life they want.
Hart and Rushmoor
The ideal candidate will:
• Be willing to work weekends and bank holidays
• Be able to work late and/or early shifts
• Be able to cover sleep-in shifts as required as part of a rota
• Be a good communicator, and work well as part of a team
Our staff members make a real difference. As a Support Worker you will be assisting people with a learning disability in their own home and in the community to live the life they want. You will provide safe, person centred support, promote independent living skills and help make clients’ hopes and aspirations a reality. Our staff support clients to go to the cinema, theatre trips, out for meals or a cup of coffee and even go on the odd shopping trip. How often do you get to do all of these fun things in a day job?
We also assist clients to find work or volunteering opportunities, access education at local colleges, get involved in community events, as well as helping with budgeting support, personal care, cooking and cleaning and maintaining a home.
You are professional and proactive in all that you do, encouraging and supportive of clients and colleagues alike. Relevant knowledge and skills relating to individuals with a learning disability are desirable and your values really count. A good sense of humour, and fun, will help to make you a success in this service!
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
We are a disability confident employer.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people
Salary: £22,760pro rata increasing to £24,674pro rata from 1st April 2023
(Basic salary from 1st April 2023: £21,674 (£19,760 until 31st March 23) + £3000 Market Rate Allowance as well as Additional Enhancements for night shift and weekend shifts)
Contract: Permanent, Full Time (Bank Work also available)