Breaking a pattern of abuse can be difficult. But as Freya will tell you, it's worth it. My name is Freya Silver It wasn't always. I've had many names because of my life choices and because of the life choices of others. I'm 31 years old and by now have experienced...
The role of the manager is to effectively support the team to provide excellent, flexible Support & Enablement across Hampshire. This is such a rewarding role, and if this sounds like something you’d relish we can’t wait to hear from you! WELCOME BONUS OF £175 PRO RATA PAYABLE TO ANYONE THAT STARTS WITH US ON OR BEFORE 31ST DECEMBER 2021.
The New Forest
£28,500 per annum
The ideal Support Partner will:
• QCF Diploma Level 4 (or equivalent) in Care or be prepared to work toward this
• Able to provide coaching, advice and support to staff
• Able to work to and monitor quality standards
• Understand standards specific to Hampshire Support and Enablement
• Knowledge of best practice around person centred planning
• Knowledge of Safeguarding for adults and children
• Can work flexibly to meet the needs of the people we work with and support partners
• Possess a driving license and has access to a car with business insurance
• Able to work shifts on a rota basis including waking night, sleep in duties evenings, weekends and bank holidays as required
The role of the manager is to effectively support the team to provide excellent, flexible Support & Enablement across Hampshire in line with YOU’s values at all times.
• I am responsible for the development and management of the staff rotas to ensure people receive their support and cover in the way that best suits those we work with ensuring all record keeping reaches the required standards including internal and external requirements such as Care Quality Commission and Hampshire County Council.
• I lead on the identification and management of risks and work with the team to mitigate risks within the service, following Safeguarding processes and Health & Safety requirements.
• I offer appropriate time and opportunities for staff members to review their work, complete training and I proactively address any performance issues.
• I support the service manager and ensure people lead at the forefront when making decisions about how we work alongside people.
• I support people directly, when required, as well as through staff management.
• I am responsible for to the recruitment of the right support partners, workers and volunteers to provide what matters to people.
• I role model anti-discriminatory practice and ensure this underpins all aspects of how we work with people.
• I have excellent relationships with people both within YOU and externally, and I am an ambassador and champion for our work.
• I have local knowledge about opportunities and groups across the areas in which we work and ensure staff develop a resource library.
• I ensure all peoples plans are relevant, up to date and reviewed with people’s wishes and outcomes clearly recorded.
• I will be person centred at all times and ensure empowerment is at the heart of everything I do
• I will act with integrity, be trustworthy and treat people with dignity and respect
• I will strive for excellence in all that I do and coach others to be so
• I am enthusiastic, can do and always think how I can achieve the things that are asked of me
• I role model professional, excellent, and innovative and behaviours
• I am calm when dealing with emergencies and crisis
• I am a reflective practitioner, aware of myself and challenge myself to develop my skills and knowledge
• I am flexible and creative in my work and help others to be so
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people
This is such a rewarding role, and if this sounds like something you’d relish we can’t wait to hear from you! Please click 'Apply', making sure you attach a recent copy of your CV with your contact details. If you meet the requirements of the role, we will call you to talk to you about the service and ask you a few key questions to help assess your suitability. If you are successfully screened you will then be invited for an assessment and interview.