We have recently had our funding extended for the Domestic Violence and Abuse Health project at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital following a successful pilot project. Thank you to the OPCC and MOJ for recognising this important project and extending our...
Office Administrator – Maternity cover
The Office Administrator will be a key player in a wider Business Support team providing a general administration service to the Executive Assistant whilst maintaining the upkeep of the Central Services building. 30hrs per week.
The ideal Office Administrator will:
• Be educated to NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration or have equivalent experience
• Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages with data entry and report writing capabilities
• Have experience of diary management, organising meetings and recording accurate minutes with a keen eye for detail
• Have the ability to prioritise a workload to meet deadlines whilst remaining flexible to meet the needs of the wider Business Support team
• Have excellent communication skills with both internal colleagues and external clients
• Be a team player who is friendly, approachable and has a positive attitude
The Office Administrator will be a key player in a wider Business Support team providing a general administration service to the Executive Assistant whilst maintaining the upkeep of the Central Services building. You will be a first point of contact to clients, Service Managers and visitors so we are looking for someone who has excellent customer service skills and can communicate to a high level. Our ideal candidate will be an individual who will embody YOU’s values within their day to day work.
• You will be responsible for responding to incoming email and telephone enquiries and deal with them in a timely manner
• You will manage aspects of the building, such as the upkeep of key holders, organising maintenance eg. PAT testing and annual services, and ensure the contractors list is up to date
• You will be part of a team who open and close the office on a daily basis
• You will purchase equipment and stationary as required and monitor the building’s refreshment levels
• You will deal with the incoming post, making sure this is date stamped and passed on to the relevant person / department. You will also be responsible for the franking of any outgoing post
• You will provide support to the Executive Assistant in preparing documents for Board meetings and staff conferences
• You will be able to organise meetings and manage diaries and be able to accurately record minutes to a high level in the absence of the Executive Assistant.
• You will undertake copy typing, letter writing, data entry and any other general administrative tasks as directed by the Executive Assistant
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people