Breaking a pattern of abuse can be difficult. But as Freya will tell you, it's worth it. My name is Freya Silver It wasn't always. I've had many names because of my life choices and because of the life choices of others. I'm 31 years old and by now have experienced...
PARAGON Area Manager
This role works closely with the Quality and Operations Director to build and develop an outstanding county wide response to domestic abuse for victims and survivors, people causing harm, families and individuals. WELCOME BONUS OF £175 PRO RATA PAYABLE TO ANYONE THAT STARTS WITH US ON OR BEFORE 31ST DECEMBER 2021
The ideal Area Manager will:
• Hold a nationally recognised DVA. Stalking or Sexual Violence Service Manager qualification
• Have substantial experience managing people, contracts and services
• Be able to lead a team to achieve nationally accredited excellence in practice
• Have an understanding of how PARAGON contribute to, and lead, within a county wide strategic approach
This role works closely with the Quality and Operations Director to build and develop an outstanding county wide response to domestic abuse for victims and survivors, people causing harm, families and individuals. You will understand how pace, purpose and passion is essential when leading, managing and overseeing the delivery of excellent nationally accredited interventions and lead on maintaining those accreditations. You will be an effective coach, supporting your managers to be the best they can, an excellent trainer and knowledgeable in all areas of domestic violence and abuse. You will be responsible for budgets across all contracts, attending operational contract meetings and ensuring teams meet agreed KPI’s and maintain excellence in all they do.
You will be qualified to at least a level 5 or hold a nationally recognised service manager qualification, and will have a depth of experience that will demonstrate your working practice is at this level.
You will have substantial experience of managing front-line teams, understand contractual compliance and working against a set of agreed KPI’s.
You will be an effective manager, understanding how to use statistics and data to ensure our interventions meet the needs of the communities where we work.
You will be a skilled advocator for PARAGON when sitting on county strategic and operational groups and forums.
You will relish the challenges of leading a large front line service with a number of work and funding streams.
You will be:-
• A passionate advocator for people whose voices are not heard
• A source of knowledge and inspiration for your team, understanding the difficulties when working on the front line and being able to support and lift your team
• Experienced at working in a fast-paced environment
• Able to bend and flex and manage a number of competing tasks, able to prioritise
• Able to ask for help and support, knowing that working together as a team is essential to achieve the best for all the people we work with
• An excellent trainer and be part of a wider team working with colleagues from other areas
• Understand co-production and working together as partners with our clients and staff
• Be skilled at developing positive working relationships
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people