Coercive control became an offence on 29 December, 2015. Many of us have experienced a form of coercive control but haven’t realised it. What separates one of the actions we’ll look at below, with it being coercive, is why it’s done. If it’s done in order to...
Domestic Abuse Advocate – Worthing
We are looking for a skilled, dedicated and passionate individual to take on the role of a specialist Police IDVA, working closely with the Police investigation teams and people who are experiencing domestic violence, regardless of assessed risk level, but where targeted and specialist support is required.
£16,644 Pro rata 24 hrs
The ideal candidate will -
• Relevant qualification or equivalent to Diploma/Degree/NVQ 4 or equivalent work level experience
• Nationally recognised IDVA qualification or willingness to commence/complete IDVA training within a year of appointment
• In-depth experience of supporting women, men and children who have been subject to domestic violence and abuse
• Experience and knowledge of safeguarding adults and children.
YOU is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Somerset, Hampshire, West Sussex and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
We are looking for a skilled, dedicated and passionate individual to take on the role of a specialist Police IDVA, working closely with the Police investigation teams and people who are experiencing domestic violence, regardless of assessed risk level, but where targeted and specialist support is required. You will provide high quality advocacy and support, carry out safety assessments, co-producing safety plans and identifying strategies and formulating action plans. You will ensure the work of the Police is represented within the plan, reviewing agreed actions and engaging with each victim and ensuring they are advised of all safety measures. The Police IDVA will provide advice, guidance and consultancy to police staff on a case to case basis. The role involves multi-agency working and engaging with local partners, especially those who work closely with the Police. You will be required to prepare reports for court and other meetings such the Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC) and other victim focused meetings.
• You will provide practical and emotional support to clients experiencing high and medium risk domestic violence and abuse
• You will deliver a crisis response to clients alongside Police officers, offering independent, face to face support, sometimes at the time of an incident
• You will engage with victims to agree actions and formulate plans to carry out actions that have been agreed with police officers after an incident/s of domestic abuse
• You will provide consultation, guidance and advocacy to police staff, guiding their interventions to improve responses to victims of domestic abuse
• You will be proactive in identifying and supporting people experiencing abuse in marginalized communities, by being involved in meetings, forums and team meetings, promoting the service, guiding the police response and the work we do
• You may hold a case load and will support police investigations, including interviews and taking victim statements
• You will be based within the police investigation teams and will, attend meetings and go out with officers to work face to face with victims of domestic violence and abuse
• You will be responsible for my own client allocations, interventions and work with little day to day supervision from my line manager
• You will advocate on behalf of the people I work with ensuring their voice is heard and their needs are met in a variety of settings, including civil and criminal proceedings and with criminal justice workers
• I am responsible for inputting data on all my client work into a bespoke case management system including Police systems and keeping it up to date.
YOU have a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If this sounds like your ideal role we’re keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don’t delay, Apply today!
Closing Date: First successful applicant will be appointed
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people