Coercive control became an offence on 29 December, 2015. Many of us have experienced a form of coercive control but haven’t realised it. What separates one of the actions we’ll look at below, with it being coercive, is why it’s done. If it’s done in order to...
Registered Manager – Learning Disabilities
This position is open till we have the first suitable applicant. The essence of the Registered Manager role is to provide effective management of a Registered Care Home, accommodating people with a learning disability, providing excellent care and support.
£37,080 per annum
• Have experience of managing and coaching others to deliver excellent care and support
• Have a minimum of 1 years’ experience working within the sector and implementing best practice in Learning Disabilities accommodation settings
• Be an outstanding practitioner and passionate advocator of the work we do
• Be Qualified at least to Diploma level 5 in Health and Social Care level or willing to commit to the qualification
• Have a valid UK driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes
The essence of the Registered Manager role is to provide effective management of a Registered Care Home, accommodating people with a learning disability, providing excellent care and support. As a Registered Manager in this vital team, you are accountable to both YOU and the Care Quality Commission for the day-to-day operation of the registered home. You will manage and coach a wonderful team in an established home and will be a role model of sound professional practice.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced person to join our team to deliver outstanding care and support in the CQC registered care home for people with learning disabilities. As the Registered Manager, you will coach a Deputy Manager and lead a skilled and knowledgeable team to drive improvements, role modelling best practice to maintain CQC registration and strive for ever-increasing quality. You will be caring and an outstanding advocate for the people we work with, co-producing support and helping people to live independent lives whilst living in a caring and supportive environment.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people
If this sounds like your ideal role we’re keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don’t delay, Apply today! Click Apply and supply your name, contact details and a current CV and covering letter. Alternatively please call Steve Almond on 07736 179780 who will talk to you about the service and ask you a few key questions to help assess your suitability for the role. If you are successfully screened you will then be invited for an assessment and interview, details of which will be confirmed at that time.