What is a Section 21? This is a question that we are often asked. A Section 21 is an official document that can be served to a tenant living in privately rented accommodation. One with a shorthold assured tenancy. Your landlord has the right to evict you if he wants...
Senior Support Worker – Farnborough
In the role of Senior Support Worker you need to be professional and proactive in all that you do, and be motivational, encouraging and supportive for clients and colleagues alike
£25,178 pro rata per annum
The appointable Senior Support Worker will:
Able to drive car and possess their own vehicle
Be prepared to work across the service across Hampshire when needed
Provide an out of hours on call support to staff and those we support
Be flexible and able to work shifts including evenings, wake in nights, weekends and bank holidays where required
Have Diploma Level 3 in Health & Social Care (or equivalent) or be prepared to work toward it
Be able to support staff in the absence of the manager
Must have at least one years’ experience working in a senior role with vulnerable people
YOU is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 35 years to vulnerable people, working across Hampshire, Dorset, Somerset, Sussex and the Isle of Wight to give them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work alongside people with disabilities in Farnborough. As a Senior Support Worker, you will be supporting the Team Manager and staff in the running of the service and assisting people with disabilities to live the life they want, providing excellent and flexible support in line with YOU’s values at all times. You will support staff in their role, through role modelling and coaching, as well as ensuring safe and effective service delivery, and making decisions where required and in the absence of the manager.
In the role of Senior Support Worker you need to be professional and proactive in all that you do, and be motivational, encouraging and supportive for clients and colleagues alike. A good sense of humour, and fun, will help to make you a success in this service. Relevant knowledge and skills relating to individuals with a learning disability are would help in this role, but if you are the right person for the role we will support you to gain the experience you need. We also want people who will share their successes and promote this excellent service wherever they go.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people