First Point Dorset provides support with a wide range of issues, like housing, social isolation and poverty. We also have special workers who can help with mental health. Mental Health Recovery Workers work alongside people recovering from poor mental health to help...
Senior Support Worker
The Senior Support Worker role would ideally suit someone wishing to progress their career within care towards a future management position. As a Senior Support Worker, you will be working with the Team Manager to ensure all clients receive high quality, person centred support. This will involve working with clients and staff to create, review and maintain meaningful support plans and outcomes that are client led and person centred. WELCOME BONUS OF £175 PRO RATA PAYABLE TO ANYONE THAT STARTS WITH US ON OR BEFORE 31ST DECEMBER 2021.
£21,325 per annum pro rata
The ideal Senior Support Worker will:
• Be a car driver with the use of their own vehicle.
• Have experience of working with vulnerable people and those with a learning disability.
• Be competent and confident in reviewing and creating support plans, risk assessments with clients and staff, and have some experience of rota management.
• Be able to support the Team Manager and be able to support staff in the absence of the manager ensuring effective systems and compliance in the services.
• Be willing to cover support including weekends and sleep-in shifts if required in the event of sickness or Annual leave for which additional enhancements are paid.
• Minimum of health and social care diploma level 3 required
• Experience in using Microsoft/Excel creating spreadsheets
• Excellent numeracy skills are required
The Senior Support Worker role would ideally suit someone wishing to progress their career within care towards a future management position. As a Senior Support Worker, you will be working with the Team Manager to ensure all clients receive high quality, person centred support. This will involve working with clients and staff to create, review and maintain meaningful support plans and outcomes that are client led and person centred. You will co-ordinate the provision of high quality, and individualised support by the staff team. You will also support the manager with covering rotas, completing performance workbooks, performing spot quality checks and supervising staff.
As a Senior Support Worker, you will need to be organised and flexible, to meet the changing needs of the services. You will be professional and proactive in all that you do, encouraging and supportive of clients and colleagues alike. To be a great Senior Support Worker, we are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, keen to personally develop, has a positive outlook, with the ability to use initiative to support our clients and Team Managers.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people
How to Apply:
This is such a rewarding role, and if this sounds like something you would relish we cannot wait to hear from you! Please click ‘Apply’ to forward your details on to us; please be sure to include your name, email address and contact telephone number. We will then contact you directly to discuss the role and ask you a few key questions to assess your suitability for this post. Alternatively please email your CV to the manager of the service at email@example.com.