We are on the lookout for a group of diverse and enthusiastic new Trustees to join us in 2024. The YOU Group has a long history of delivering services along the South Coast, having begun our work in 1985 with services in Portsmouth for homeless people. Since then, the...
Somerset Domestic Abuse Support Manager
£40,348.00 per year
The appointed Somerset Domestic Abuse Support Manager will:
Hold a recognised national qualification for working with people experiencing domestic abuse, sexual violence or stalking
Have experience of multi agency and partnership working and managing complex service functions
Have substantial experience of managing people and working effectively with other
Be a clear communicator, able to write and deliver excellent presentations and training
The Somerset Domestic Abuse Support Manager works with the Assistant Director and partners to manage and oversee the delivery of pan county domestic abuse support.
This includes the work of other Lot Providers and YOU commissioned and grant funded work.
You will foster a one-team approach, and effectively lead and coach your team to deliver excellence. You will work with partners to embed MARAC, taking a lead role where required and ensuring all teams can access the case management system and are trained to do so.
You will be innovative in seeking grants, working with the Assistant Director to build our presence in Somerset, and with your colleagues in Dorset, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
You will take be part of the team responsible for implementing policies, procedures and guidance to meet, and exceed, accreditation standards, ensuring your team work within those standards, including Helpline, Leading Lights, Respect and Stalking.
You will have extensive experience of managing a front line team, working within a trauma informed frame work and understand how trauma can affect a person.
You will be empathic and support, coach and manage your team to deliver excellence, fostering a whole team approach. You will have a collaborative approach, including your managers in decision making, and understanding that a joined up approach leads to excellent outcomes.
This includes other Lot providers, who work alongside YOU in this contract.
You will value the views and opinions of the people we work with, helping to develop the authentic voice strategy and ensuring the voice of survivors influences all we do.
As a skilled communicator you will be an excellent trainer and confident to take a lead role at meetings and update commissioners and other partners on the work we do.
You will be able to challenge others effectively, seeking solutions to issues, working creatively with partners to deliver excellence as standard for people living with domestic abuse.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people
If this sounds like your ideal role we’re keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don’t delay, Apply today! Please call Tonia Redvers on 07824 473988 who will talk to you about the service and ask you a few key questions to help assess your suitability for the role. If you are successfully screened you will then be invited for an assessment and interview.
Alternatively you can click 'Apply' and submit your CV and if successfully screened the hiring manager, Tonia will contact you to discuss the role further.