Coercive control became an offence on 29 December, 2015. Many of us have experienced a form of coercive control but haven’t realised it. What separates one of the actions we’ll look at below, with it being coercive, is why it’s done. If it’s done in order to...
Mental Health Support Worker – Southsea
The essence of this role is to provide support for people with complex needs and/or have a forensic history leaving acute mental health services.
• Have an ability to work in a person-centred way, putting the needs of the client at the centre of all support offered
• Show a knowledge of safeguarding vulnerable adults
• Have the ability to be flexible, supportive and trustworthy
• Have the ability to remain calm in challenging situations
• Be willing to work as part of rolling rota, including evening, weekends and sleep-in night shifts.
The essence of this role is to provide support for people with complex needs and/or have a forensic history leaving acute mental health services. This will be delivered through a range of interventions such as telephone/face to face support and developing peer support.
The service enables people to develop/maintain their independence, health and well-being through co-produced, asset based and recovery focused interventions and enabling individuals, whilst giving people the greatest possible control over their lives. The service supports clients with forensic/offending history and or have complex needs ensuring that people are at the centre and takes a holistic view of individual’s requirements.
As a Specialist Recovery Partner, you will:
• Person-centered at all times and work with people to identify what is important to them and that recovery focused, asset-based support is delivered to assist in people maintaining their wellbeing and reducing offending behaviors.
• Empower individuals to identify the outcomes they want to achieve, which will include supporting people in developing greater self-reliance and independence to better manage their own mental and physical wellbeing.
• Establish and work in partnership with other agencies to support individuals to adhere to the conditions set out by the Ministry of Justice/Community Treatment Orders to prevent unnecessary client’s stats or recalls into hospital.
• Understand and work to CQC standards when delivering regulated activities at all times.
• Have excellent understanding and knowledge of medication administration. I promote independence, choices, dignity, privacy, respect and the participation of people, and their circles of support, in all that we do to ensure people have optimum control over their lives and support provided, reducing the reliance of paid support.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people