We are on the lookout for a group of diverse and enthusiastic new Trustees to join us in 2024. The YOU Group has a long history of delivering services along the South Coast, having begun our work in 1985 with services in Portsmouth for homeless people. Since then, the...
Support Worker – Basingstoke
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work alongside people with disabilities in our friendly and caring services in Basingstoke
£10.90 per hour (Mon - Fri) to £13.62 per hour (Sat & Sun)
. Be willing to support with personal care
. Able to work shifts
. Relevant knowledge and skills relating to individuals with a learning disability would help in this role, but if you are the right person for the role, we will support you to gain the experience you need.
. We want people who will share their successes and promote this excellent service wherever they go
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work alongside people with disabilities in various locations throughout Hampshire. As a Support Worker you will be assisting the people we work with to live the life they want. You will provide safe, person centred support to promote independent living skills and help make a clients’ hopes and wishes a reality. Our Support Workers offer clients flexible support, as well as helping with budgeting support, cooking and cleaning, and maintaining a home.
Some of our clients also require full personal care which can include toilet support, bathing, the use of hoists and routine bed turning so experience of this would be beneficial but not essential.
You need to be professional and proactive in all that you do, with a motivational, encouraging and supportive approach with clients and colleagues alike. A good sense of humour and fun will help to make you a successful Support Worker in this service. Relevant knowledge and skills relating to individuals with a learning disability would assist you in this role, but if you are the right person for the job we will support you to gain the experience you need. We also want people who will share their successes and promote this excellent service wherever they go.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
YOU is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people, working across Hampshire, Dorset, West Sussex and the Isle of Wight to give them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people
If you think you have the skills to provide this service, we can’t wait to hear from you! Please click ‘Apply’ to forward your details on to us; please be sure to include your name, email address, contact telephone number. We will then contact you directly to discuss the role and ask you a few key questions to make sure that this is the right position for you.
If you are successful during this initial screening, you will be invited to an assessment and interview, the date of which will be agreed at this point. Please note; we will select the first suitable applicants for interview and assessment, so don’t delay, apply today!