We are on the lookout for a group of diverse and enthusiastic new Trustees to join us in 2024. The YOU Group has a long history of delivering services along the South Coast, having begun our work in 1985 with services in Portsmouth for homeless people. Since then, the...
Support Worker – Eastleigh
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work alongside people with disabilities in our friendly and caring services across Eastleigh.
£11.14 (Monday to Friday) to £13.92 (weekends)
You need to be professional and proactive in all that you do
Be motivational, encouraging and supportive for clients and colleagues
A good sense of humour, and fun, will help to make you a success in this service
Relevant knowledge and skills relating to individuals with a learning disability would help in this role, but if you are the right person for the role, we will support you to gain the experience you need.
We want people who will share their successes and promote this excellent service wherever they go
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work alongside people with disabilities in Eastleigh. As a support worker you will be assisting people with disabilities to live the life they want. You will provide safe, person-centred support to promote independent living skills and help make a clients’ hopes and wishes a reality. Our Support Workers offer clients flexible support, as well as helping with budgeting support, with personal care and health needs, cooking and cleaning, and maintaining a home.
You need to be professional and proactive in all that you do, and be motivational, encouraging and supportive for clients and colleagues alike. A good sense of humour, and fun, will help to make you a success in this service. Relevant knowledge and skills relating to individuals with a learning disability are would help in this role, but if you are the right person for the role, we will support you to gain the experience you need. We also want people who will share their successes and promote this excellent service wherever they go.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
We are a disability confident employer.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people
Hourly Rates: £9.98 (m to f) to £12.36 (weekends) per hour increasing to £10.90 (m to f) to £13.62 (weekends) per hour from 1st April 2023
Contract Type: Full and Part Time, Permanent