We have recently had our funding extended for the Domestic Violence and Abuse Health project at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital following a successful pilot project. Thank you to the OPCC and MOJ for recognising this important project and extending our...
Support Worker – Enablement
The role is multi-faceted role and includes time limited enablement support to help someone learn a new skill in their own home or the community; community based support where small groups of people will be supported to access volunteering, occupational, social and leisure activities; homecare where individuals could be supported with personal care, housing support, budgeting, social and daily living activities and emotional support.
The ideal Support Worker will:
• Car Driver with access to a vehicle for work and business insurance
• Able to work shifts including evenings, weekends and bank holidays according to the needs of those we work with.
• Experience of working with vulnerable people
• Understand and promoting independence
• Understand the needs of vulnerable people/people with a learning disability
• Good communication skills: verbal, non verbal, and written
• Understand confidentiality and how this applies to people we work with
• Willingness to work flexibly and travel according to people’s needs and to attend meetings or training held in other sites within the Trust area
• Prepared to work across the service over Hampshire when needed as required
The role of the Support Worker (known internally as Support Partner) is to provide excellent and flexible person centred support across Hampshire in line with YOU’s values at all times. The role is multi-faceted role and includes time limited enablement support to help someone learn a new skill in their own home or the community; community based support where small groups of people will be supported to access volunteering, occupational, social and leisure activities; homecare where individuals could be supported with personal care, housing support, budgeting, social and daily living activities and emotional support.
- Hayling Island
- Hedge End
- New Forest
Our clients want:
• Someone who listens carefully to make sure you understand what matters to them
• A person who is trustworthy and reliable and always does what they say they will when they say they will
• A Support Partner who is flexible and will adapt how they work to meet what we agree to do together
• Someone who is aware of how they come across, and committed to making our support time together happy, friendly and enjoyable
• A person who is chatty, polite, and clear in their communication to make sure that I can understand you
• A Support Partner who is caring, respects my choices, and is helpful and fair in all that we do together
• A person who shares their sense of fun and humour and makes our time together enjoyable
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people