Breaking a pattern of abuse can be difficult. But as Freya will tell you, it's worth it. My name is Freya Silver It wasn't always. I've had many names because of my life choices and because of the life choices of others. I'm 31 years old and by now have experienced...
Support Worker Learning Disabilities
Promote independent living skills such personal care, medication, shopping, cooking, keeping their house clean, support to budget and not get into debt. WELCOME BONUS OF £175 PRO RATA PAYABLE TO ANYONE THAT STARTS WITH US ON OR BEFORE 31ST DECEMBER 2021.
Please note; in accordance with schedule 9 (part 1) of the Equality Act 2010, this post is only open to female applicants, due to the fact that being female is considered a genuine requirement of the role.
· Car driver with the use of a car for work
· An understanding /knowledge and skills relating to people with disabilities
· Care or Support Work Experience.
· Must be willing to provide personal care to female residents
· Must be able to do sleep in shifts on occasion
· Provide safe, person centred support
· Supporting clients with college, work, dancing swimming, going to the cinema/theatre, going out for meals and lots of different leisure activities
· Promote independent living skills such personal care, medication, shopping, cooking, keeping their house clean, support to budget and not get into debt
· Help make a client’s hopes and wishes a reality
· Supporting clients in the community
Our clients want people to support them who are:
· Fun to be with
· Have a good sense of humour
· Help them become more independent and achieve what they need when they need it
· Be flexible and creative.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people