Coercive control became an offence on 29 December, 2015. Many of us have experienced a form of coercive control but haven’t realised it. What separates one of the actions we’ll look at below, with it being coercive, is why it’s done. If it’s done in order to...
Support Worker – Ringwood
The role is multi-faceted and includes time limited enablement support to help someone learn a new skill in their own home or the community; community based support where small groups of people will be supported to access volunteering, occupational, social and leisure activities; and homecare where individuals could be supported with personal care, housing support, budgeting, social and daily living activities and emotional support.
£20,823 pro rata plus applicable shift enhancements
• Possess a driving license and has access to a vehicle with business insurance
• Be flexible and able to work shifts including evenings, weekends and bank holidays (and sleep-ins/waking night shifts if required) on a rota basis
• Experience of working with vulnerable people would be a benefit, but if our values resonate with you and you have the drive and flexibility to fulfil this role, we will support you to gain the experience
Working as a Support Worker (known internally as Support Partner) in our Enablement service you would be providing excellent and flexible person-centred support across The New Forest in line with YOU’s values at all times. The role is multi-faceted and includes time limited enablement support to help someone learn a new skill in their own home or the community; community based support where small groups of people will be supported to access volunteering, occupational, social and leisure activities; and homecare where individuals could be supported with personal care, housing support, budgeting, social and daily living activities and emotional support.
What our clients want is central to all that we do, so to be a successful Support Worker in this service you would need to be a good listener and focus on understanding what matters to them. They have also asked for a person who is trustworthy and reliable and always does what they say they will when they say they will. You would need to be flexible and willing to adapt how you work to achieve what you agree to do with your client.
You will also be committed to making the support time happy, friendly, enjoyable and bring a sense of fun to our times together. You might describe yourself as chatty but clear in your communication to make sure that clients are understanding you, as well as always being polite. You will be caring, respectful of the client's own choices, helpful and fair minded.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people