First Point Dorset provides support with a wide range of issues, like housing, social isolation and poverty. We also have special workers who can help with mental health. Mental Health Recovery Workers work alongside people recovering from poor mental health to help...
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work with a lady living in her own flat in the Waterlooville. As her support worker you will be assisting her to live the life she wants. You will provide safe, person centred support to promote her independent living skills and help make her hopes and wishes a reality. Our Support Workers offer flexible support, as well as helping with budgeting, personal care, support with medication, cooking and cleaning and maintaining her home. WELCOME BONUS OF £175 PRO RATA PAYABLE TO ANYONE THAT STARTS WITH US ON OR BEFORE 31ST DECEMBER 2021
£18,900 pro rata per annum
You need to be professional and pro active in all that you do, and be motivational, encouraging and supportive for clients and colleagues alike. A good sense of humour, and fun, will help to make you a success in this service. Relevant knowledge and skills relating to individuals with a learning disability are essential. We also want people who will share their successes and promote this excellent service wherever they go. In order be considered for this role you will need to hold two years’ experience in working with people with learning disabilities in the community and their own home.
Salary: £18,900 pro rata per annum
Annual earnings based on a full time basic salary of £18,533 per annum, and also incorporate shift enhancements for weekend working as part of a typical rota.
We can also offer the opportunity for additional shifts in our sister service where there will be an opportunity to do sleep – ins.
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work with a lady living in her own flat in the Waterlooville. As her support worker you will be assisting her to live the life she wants. You will provide safe, person centred support to promote her independent living skills and help make her hopes and wishes a reality. Our Support Workers offer flexible support, as well as helping with budgeting, personal care, support with medication, cooking and cleaning and maintaining her home.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people
If you think you have the skills to provide this service, we can’t wait to hear from you! Please click ‘Apply’ to forward your details on to us; please be sure to include your name, email address and contact telephone number. We will then contact you directly to discuss the role and ask you a few key questions to make sure that this is the right position for you. Alternatively, please call Fiona Ellison on 07484 060042 or Danni Redknap on 07483132176 who will talk to you about the role.
If you are successful during this initial screening, you will be invited to an assessment and interview, the date of which will be agreed at this point. Please note; we will select the first suitable applicants for interview and assessment, so don’t delay, apply today!