We have recently had our funding extended for the Domestic Violence and Abuse Health project at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital following a successful pilot project. Thank you to the OPCC and MOJ for recognising this important project and extending our...
Target Hardening Domestic Violence and Abuse Worker
As a Target Hardening Domestic Violence and Abuse Worker you will co-ordinate the provision of enhanced security at the home of individuals who have experienced domestic abuse.
The ideal Target Hardening Domestic Violence and Abuse Worker will:
• have experience of supporting women, men and children who have experienced domestic abuse.
• have experience of Sanctuary Schemes or Target Hardening.
• have experience of safety planning with individuals who have experienced domestic abuse.
• Be a car driver with the use of a car for work purposes.
As a Target Hardening Domestic Violence and Abuse Worker you will co-ordinate the provision of enhanced security at the home of individuals who have experienced domestic abuse. You will be responsible for the surveying of the property, engaging external contractors to complete identified works and ensuring the completed works meet the agreed specifications. You will work across the area to carry out safety planning and complete risk assessments, offering tailored support, assistance and advice.
• you will be experienced, skilled and enthusiastic.
• you will be passionate about working with people who have experienced domestic abuse.
• you will ensure that everything you do improves safety and reduces harm for all victims and survivors of domestic abuse.
• you will be used to working in a fast-paced environment.
• you will be skilled at working with crisis and be an excellent communicator.
• you will work alongside our clients as an equal partner and give advice and guidance at a level matching the person’s skills and strengths.
• you will develop positive working relationships with the local community and support agencies to create a network of support for your clients.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people