Breaking a pattern of abuse can be difficult. But as Freya will tell you, it's worth it. My name is Freya Silver It wasn't always. I've had many names because of my life choices and because of the life choices of others. I'm 31 years old and by now have experienced...
Volunteers – YOU Counselling Centres
YOU Counselling Centres are looking for Volunteers who are
• Person centred, friendly and welcoming
• Kind, compassionate and sensitive to the needs of others
We are currently looking for volunteers who would be interested in being alongside clients as they attend their sessions and in support of YOU Counselling Centres staff. At Counselling With YOU in Portsmouth, we offer specialist and tailored counselling support to individuals, dedicated to improving their safety and wellbeing.
Can you offer some time, on a regular basis, to meet and welcome clients to the YOU Counselling Centres and to treat them with compassion and respect? If so, we would really like to hear from you!
You will be fully supported by our Volunteer Coordinator and YOU Counselling Centres staff. We will provide you with a specialist induction and ongoing skills training for your role, monthly face to face meet ups and an opportunity to have a voice in shaping our service. We pay travel expenses, provide plenty of cuppas, and lunch if staying for 6 hours or more each day.
To become a volunteer, you will need to be willing to undergo Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks and commit to an induction training programme. In addition, as an organisation we have a strong values base and strive to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
You will also be passionate about the work that we do and have a will to empower people in making healthy decisions about their lives.
If you choose to take up a volunteering opportunity with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Reimbursement of expenses, including all travel related to the role, and lunch for those volunteering for 6 hours or more per day
- Excellent and professionally certified training
- Real opportunities to develop your knowledge and skills to support your professional growth
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- A company that is committed to its employees, workers and volunteers, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people
If this sounds like the ideal opportunity for you, we are really keen to hear from you. Click Apply and share your contact details and an up-to-date CV with us, or call Carey, our Volunteer Coordinator, for more information on 07483 162930. If you are successfully screened you will be contacted to further assess your suitability for the role and to arrange an interview.