We are on the lookout for a group of diverse and enthusiastic new Trustees to join us in 2024. The YOU Group has a long history of delivering services along the South Coast, having begun our work in 1985 with services in Portsmouth for homeless people. Since then, the...
Young Lives Worker – Weymouth & Dorchester (MP)
As a Young Lives Worker, you strive to enable the young people you work alongside to increase their independence and skills, promoting engagement with education and employment through person-centered support.
Weymouth / Dorchester
The appointed Young Lives worker will:
. Possess a Health & Social Care qualification or equivalent to NVQ level 3, or will have the equivalent work level experience.
. Have experience of working with young people
. Possess a current, valid UK driving licence
. Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of safeguarding, support planning and risk assessing for young people, especially related to housing, homelessness and welfare benefits.
. Be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including early, mid and evening shifts, as well as sleep-in’s according to a service rota (more information about this can be shared during the screening stage)
As a Young Lives Worker, you strive to enable the young people you work alongside to increase their independence and skills, promoting engagement with education and employment through person-centered support. You will help young people to avoid eviction and repeat homelessness, developing their capacity to move on to, either less intensive housing related support services, or more permanent, independent accommodation.
This role will involve working closely with other key stakeholders, including supported accommodation service providers, landlords, community mental health teams, the police and Youth Offending Teams, local housing authorities and social care teams, education and training agencies. This service also works within the Ofsted framework as well as the Psychologically Informed Environments Framework to ensure all clients can make sustained changes to their lives.
Joining the team as a Young Lives Worker, you will be conversant in the areas of safeguarding for young people, welfare benefit support, asset-based assessments and be willing to share your knowledge with colleagues. You will also have a thirst for learning and developing your skills, motivating your clients to do the same!
You will be confident, enthusiastic and innovative in your approach to working with young people. You will also be flexible and able to work on a rota basis, including sleep-in shifts.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people
If this sounds like your ideal role we’re keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don’t delay, Apply today! Please call Michaela Parkes on 07917047216 who will talk to you about the service and ask you a few key questions to help assess your suitability for the role. If you are successfully screened you will then be invited for an assessment and interview.
Alternatively you can click 'Apply' and submit your CV and if successfully screened the hiring manager, Michaela will contact you to discuss the role further.