A trike paid a visit to a church, and lots of fun was had! It isn’t every day one of our pilots gets to ride (well, push) a trike through a church, but we were welcomed in from the cold. We were recently invited to give a talk to the fellowship group that meets at St...
Bank Young Lives Worker – Dorchester & Weymouth (MP)
As a Young Lives Worker, you strive to enable the young people you work alongside to increase their independence and skills, promoting engagement with education and employment through person-centered support.
Weymouth / Dorchester
£13.55 per hour (Mon - Fri) to £16.94 per Hour (Sat & Sun)
The appointed Young Lives worker will:
Have experience of working with young people
Possess a current, valid UK driving licence (desirable not essential)
Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of safeguarding, support planning and risk assessing for young people, especially related to housing, homelessness and welfare benefits.
Be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including early, mid and evening shifts, as well as sleep-in’s according to a service rota (more information about this can be shared during the screening stage)
As a Young Lives Worker, you strive to enable the young people you work alongside to increase their independence and skills, promoting engagement with education and employment through person-centred support. You will help young people to avoid eviction and repeat homelessness, developing their capacity to move on to, either less intensive housing related support services, or more permanent, independent accommodation.
This role will involve working closely with other key stakeholders, including supported accommodation service providers, landlords, community mental health teams, the police and Youth Offending Teams, local housing authorities and social care teams, education and training agencies. This service also works within the Ofsted framework as well as the Psychologically Informed Environments Framework to ensure all clients can make sustained changes to their lives.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
oining the team as a Young Lives Worker, you will be conversant in the areas of safeguarding for young people, welfare benefit support, asset-based assessments and be willing to share your knowledge with colleagues. You will also have a thirst for learning and developing your skills, motivating your clients to do the same!
You will be confident, enthusiastic and innovative in your approach to working with young people. You will also be flexible and able to work on a rota basis, including sleep-in shifts.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people
If this sounds like your ideal role we’re keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don’t delay, Apply today!
Please click ‘Apply’ to forward your details on to us; ensuring that you include your name, email address, a contact telephone number, together with your CV and covering letter. If you are successfully pre-screened you will then be contacted to discuss the role and may be invited along for assessment and interview.