We can help you to achieve your own work goals, whether that means applying for voluntary or paid placements. We work closely with employers who employ or are considering employing people with a learning disability.
Into Work will explore your work aspirations with you, determining working options and consulting with employers to increase the number of options available to you. To increase achievement and outcomes, we work alongside people, shadowing where appropriate, and giving on-going encouragement and feedback until their confidence and strengths grow.
If you are a business operating in Portsmouth or the surrounding areas you might be interested in contacting us for similar opportunities. Contact us
Some of the support we offer:
- Create a Job Profile to find out what you would like to do and set goals to help you achieve this
- CV Writing
- Confidence building
- Assess your training needs
- Help you to apply for jobs
- Support you at interviews
- Introduce you to employers and speak on your behalf, if you wish
- Support when you first start work
- Travel training to work
We work with people who:
- Are 18 years old and over
- Have been diagnosed with having either a learning disability or autism
- Live in the Portsmouth postcode areas; PO1,PO2,PO3,PO4,PO5,PO6
This is Richard and this is his story.
Since February 2021 Richard has been working for Ground Control with cleaning up the area. He’s been doing well, keeping busy and also enjoys his job.