A trike paid a visit to a church, and lots of fun was had! It isn’t every day one of our pilots gets to ride (well, push) a trike through a church, but we were welcomed in from the cold. We were recently invited to give a talk to the fellowship group that meets at St...
Community Outreach Worker – Eastleigh (SD)
£11.14 (Monday to Friday) to £13.93 (weekends)
The ideal Outreach Support Worker will:
Car Driver with access to a vehicle for work, business insurance
Be prepared to travel to work in the Eastleigh area
Able to work shifts including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
Experience of supporting people with a variety of needs
Promote and encourage people's independence
Good communication skills: verbal, non-verbal, and written
Confident to lone work
Provide excellent and flexible person-centred support within individuals own homes in the Eastleigh area
Working with adults and care leavers with their day to day living skills such as banking, shopping, cleaning. Each day is different, bring new challenges and amazing opportunities for learning and growth.
Some of our clients require personal care this can vary from prompting to hands on support, others also need support with their medication.
We can all do with a bit of emotional support sometimes and the people we work with are no exception
If you are looking for a role working with people with a variety of complex needs and challenging behaviour then this is the role for you.
We always make sure the people we work with have the time they need for their support, ensuring you have the time to carry out all your visits each day.
Our clients want:
Someone who listens carefully to make sure you understand what matters to them
A person who is trustworthy and reliable and always does what they say they will when they say they will
Someone who is flexible and will adapt how they work to meet what we agree to do together
Someone who is aware of how they come across, and committed to making our support time together happy, friendly and enjoyable
A person who is chatty, polite, and clear in their communication to make sure that I can understand you
Someone who is caring, respects my choices, and is helpful and fair in all that we do together
A person who shares their sense of fun and humour with me
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
We are a disability confident employer.
YOU is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people, working across Hampshire, Dorset, West Sussex and the Isle of Wight to give them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.