A trike paid a visit to a church, and lots of fun was had! It isn’t every day one of our pilots gets to ride (well, push) a trike through a church, but we were welcomed in from the cold. We were recently invited to give a talk to the fellowship group that meets at St...
Disability Support Worker – Portsmouth (AR)
An exciting opportunity has become available in our disability living service in Portsmouth By giving independence to our residents while following our values, this is the perfect role for anyone looking for a challenge.
£10.42 per our (Mon - Fri) to £13.02 per hour (Sat & Sun)
The successful Support Worker applicant will need to have:
· Use of their own car for work purposes.
· Relevant knowledge and skills relating to people with disabilities.
· An ability to work shift patterns including sleep in shifts and weekends as part of a flexible rolling rota system providing 24-hour support over seven days a week.
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work alongside people with disabilities in a number of our services across Portsmouth. As a Support Worker, you will be assisting people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities & mental health concerns in their own homes to live the life they want. You will provide safe, person centred support to promote independent living skills.
We are looking for people to support our clients who are fun, with a good sense of humour, who will help our clients to be more independent and achieve their goals. This could include cinema, theatre trips, out for meals or a cup of coffee and even go on the odd shopping trip. How often do you get to do all of these fun things in a job! As a Support Worker, you will also assist clients to find work or volunteering opportunities, access education at local colleges, get involved in community events, as well as helping with budgeting, support with personal care, cooking and cleaning and maintaining a home.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
We are a disability confident employer.
YOU is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people, working across Hampshire, Dorset, West Sussex and the Isle of Wight to give them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people