A trike paid a visit to a church, and lots of fun was had! It isn’t every day one of our pilots gets to ride (well, push) a trike through a church, but we were welcomed in from the cold. We were recently invited to give a talk to the fellowship group that meets at St...
Support Worker – New Milton (IO)
The purpose of this role is to support our clients living in our registered care home in New Milton. You will be supporting our wonderful clients with daily living tasks, attending groups and accessing the community.
Registered Care Home (New Milton)
£11.62 per hour (Mon - Fri) to £14.52 per hour (Sat & Sun)
· Car driver with the use of a car for work
· An understanding /knowledge and skills relating to people with disabilities
· Care or Support Work Experience.
· Must be willing to provide personal care to female residents
· Must be able to do sleep in shifts
· Provide safe, person centred support
· Supporting clients with college, work, dancing swimming, going to the cinema/theatre, going out for meals and lots of different leisure activities
· Promote independent living skills such personal care, medication, shopping, cooking, keeping their house clean, support to budget and not get into debt
· Help make a client’s hopes and wishes a reality
· Supporting clients in the community
Our clients want people to support them who are:
· Fun to be with
· Have a good sense of humour
· Help them become more independent and achieve what they need when they need it
· Be flexible and creative.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
We are a disability confident employer.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility
- The chance to work with amazing people